Friday, January 8, 2010

The Focus on Saw

I don't plan to limit the scope of the blog to just the Saw movies, although volumes could be written about them. I am focusing on it for now, as the Saw essay was the first in The Horror Essay Series. So, I've watching the movies. Saw VI comes out on DVD on the 26th of this month, so it's a good reason to celebrate it.

And honestly, it is one of my favorite horror movie franchises, if not my favorite. I enjoy movies with complex thoughts that are driven on characters and their interaction. The games are driven by the traps, but the plot and stories are focused on how the characters are related. Also, I find the traps interesting. I really enjoy watching the special features that describe how they were engineered, how they work, and how they were shot for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment