Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quick thoughts on Saw VI

Finished watching Saw VI. I thought it was very good. It has a very intense ending. I had seen a very bad bootleg copy of the theatrical version and it didn't have good sound or video quality. But that ending... I watched it two times and I still can't get over it. I am now very interested to see what happens next. I want to post my thoughts as it relates to the themes and story development, but I don't want to spoil it too much, so I am going to wait a few days. I want to finish the Buddhism article first too.

I watched all the extras. They were okay. I wish there were Deleted Scenes.

Also, I was a little annoyed because they don't break down how all the traps are made in "The Traps of Saw VI" featurette. I find the engineering of the traps interesting. And I was really curious about the design of the new reverse bear trap.

I liked the "Jigsaw Revealed" special. I love Tobin Bell's involvement and intensity in playing John Kramer and his views on the character. Fascinating. I have a great deal of respect for him. I would love to have a conversation with him about the character. And I want to see his notebook. I hope they eventually publish his notes. I would definitely buy it.

And I wish I could have gone to Halloween Horror nights and gone through the Saw Maze - that looked so cool. The level of detail they went to is really impressive. I know I would have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment