Friday, January 8, 2010

My Horror History and Library

I was not a horror fan as a child. I watch Twilight Zone remakes and read The Amityville Horror and Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles - but that was it. Everything else was just too scary for me. When I turned 18, I started to watch the odd horror movie here and there, like The Blair Witch Project, Seven, and Halloween H20. But I still wasn't a real fan of the genre.

Then, something changed. I have no idea what it was. But I suddenly loved horror. I started to read some Steven King and Clive Barker and watch all sorts of horror movies from classics, like Dracula and The Phantom of the Opera to The Wicker Man, the Evil Dead, and Nightmare on Elm Street. Over the last decade or so, my love of horror has grown and I've even started to write my own stories and work on this blog.

I now have a pretty nice horror movie collection (but these are not all the movies I've seen):
13:Beloved (Game of Death)
976-Evil
American Psycho
Amityville Horror (1970's)
Amityville Horror: The Possession
Amityville Horror: A New Generation
Army of Darkness
Beyond the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
The Blair Witch Project
Brutal
Cabin Fever
Candyman
Child's Play I
The Craft
Cube Zero
Darkness Falls (A collection of 3 Christopher Lee movies)
Dead Silence
The Devil's Rejects
Dracula
Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Friday the 13th
Final Destination
Final Destination II
Halloween
Hellraiser (1-8)
High Tension
Hostel
Hostel II
In the Mouth of Madness
Intruder
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Mr. Brooks
The Midnight Meat Train
Mr. Sardonicus
Nightmare on Elm Street (1-6, New Nightmare)
Nightbreed
The Omen (The Remake)
The Omen (1-4) (1970's)
Pan's Labyrinth
The Phantom of the Opera (Mulitple versions, including the disappointing Argento one)
Puppetmaster (Retro and 5)
Purfume: The Story of a Murderer
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Ring
Saw (1-5)
Scream
Season of the Witch
Seven
Silent Hill
Single White Female
The Skeleton Key
The Stepford Wives (1970's and remake)
Sweeney Todd (Multiple versions)
A Tale of Two Sisters
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Th3ee
Tormented Souls (A collection of 12 different horror movies)
Untraceable
Urban Legend
Van Helsing
The Wicker Man (1970's and remake)
Willard
Wishmaster
Wishmaster 2
Witchhouse
The Wizard of Gore (remake)
Friday the 13th the Series, Seasons 1 and 2
Masters of Horror, Season 1 and Part of Season 2

No comments:

Post a Comment